Friday, June 6, 2008

The Fist Bump

So, unbelievably, Obama's fist bump with his wife has been dubbed "the fist bump heard 'round the world."

Yes. I'm serious.

Why is this news? Guys have been doing this for decades. Even the females pick up on it while mocking the males. I guess since Obama is the first black presidential candidate, and apparently the first government official to ever perform such a casual gesture on national TV (I find this hard to believe), he must be news worthy.

So far I've found articles from:

TIME
Chicago Tribune
Daily News

... which then spawned Joe the Peacock's article about male non-verbal communications.

Damn, us Americans really have a knack for blowing things out of proportion. Like Rachel Ray's scarf. (Seriously... this is PC gone rabid. Though this article had a good response to it.)

I'll be eagerly awaiting the next big riot about something insignificant. After all, if we can't find any drama, we create it.


Random movie quote of the day:

Scary Movie 3
Cindy: Something weird is going on at your farm. I know it.
George: I don't know what you're talking about. Sometimes a sheep just needs to be pushed through the fence.


~Sass~

No comments: