Monday, June 9, 2008

TLDR

Some of you might not understand this, but I know the writers will.

Why is it we as writers can't seem to respond to anyone without critting people with a massive wall of text?

For instance, there has been a lot of guild drama lately in Teh Sass's online world. A few of us try to post great responses to the drama, and yet a majority of people simply look at the size of the post and walk the other way. I had a guildy email me and I wrote him *pages* worth of response, most of it I'm sure he's still reading between actual work.

In the office I often find myself writing long explanatory emails. Even as I'm writing it I know I could simply get it over with in a few sentences, but something makes me pour my soul into what I'm writing, to make them understand what I'm thinking and feeling and the why of it. I simply can't write anything in a shorter format. Too much meaning lost if I shorten.

Sometimes I envy those of you that can respond in a short, concise manner. Then again, it's freakin' awesome to pwn someone six ways to sunday with a massive wall of text.

Anyway, just a funny observation. Thought I'd blog about it.

Funny movie quote of the day:

(Super Troopers)
Farva: Just cleaning out the old locker, she stinks like ass but I'll sure miss her... I guess you could say that about all my girls.


~Sass~

No comments: