Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LXD: Legion of Extraordinary Dancers

I love this show. LOVE. Despite the title sounding like another bad reality dance competition, and despite the beginning-of-every-episode narrator that makes me roll my eyeballs, this show has turned out to be creative gold. There is an actual plot here that has the potential to turn cheesy at a moment's notice, but the writers handle it well. I can't get enough of it.

Besides, even without a plot the show is worth watching just for all the pop-n-lock man candy.

(And if you notice, Glee kid Harry Shum, Jr snuck his way into this cast!)

The writers, directors, and choreographers keep this show fresh every episode, adding new spins or different viewpoints. No two episodes are the same. In fact, I think I may have to make a new playlist on Spotify specifically for all the music I've heard so far in this show.

The third episode is really what got me hooked, and since Hulu is nice like that, I'm going to embed it for you here:



I'm currently in the middle of season 2. It's a full on creepy-scary sick effects visual adrenaline fest. It's original. It's addicting. What are you waiting for?


~Sass~

No comments: