Friday, July 11, 2008

Frikkin' Hormones


Those wonderful things in your body that regulate emotion and bodily function. Annoying little bastards, aren't they?

There was a scene I wrote in chapter um... something... (I'll look it up here in a second)... where my MC is experiencing a particularly strong surge of them due to her blooming lycanthropy and a recently passed full moon. Her emotions are all over the place, and she is understandably frustrated.

I'd forgotten what that feels like until just now.

As some of you may have guessed, it's about that time, and those of you with boobs may even know the feeling I'm talking about. Due to our company being bought out, relatives visiting, and a few more bills looming than I'd really like to have, my stress levels are already somewhat elevated. Mix that in with a hormone surge and some general fatigue due to bodily function and you can imagine Teh Sass is not having a very fun day.

Hell, I asked for tips for stress management and someone said chocolate. My eyes actually teared up at the thought of eating chocolate. I wanted some that badly (which I didn't realize until she said something, of course).

Even more frustrating is *knowing* that the hormone surges are causing my moodiness. I recognize the problem, but I can't fix the problem. I can lessen its symptoms, but that's about it. I have to wait for it to go away on its own. In the mean time I try not to snap at people and remind myself that it's Friday, and by God, I will be leaving work early today.

(... and of course the reports I work from are delayed this morning, why wouldn't they be? ...)

So anyway, in other news, I haven't had a chance to revise anything this week. Family does that to a person. I figure when they leave I will have to work at a pace of about 1 chapter every 2 days in order to be finished by the end of the month like I'd planned. That might not sound so bad, except I know for a fact there are some scenes that need to be re-written, and I just don't work that quickly. My evenings for the next coupla weeks are starting to look a little booked.

One good thing is that I saw this moodiness coming and went to the bookstore yesterday for a counter-attack. Nothing feels quite so good as having a newly printed book in my hands. So I got three. One's pretty good so far, I'll come back and tell you about it later in a different post.

So. Yeah. Oh! I started a LiveJournal. Want to know what it's called? I bet you can't guess. Well, okay, maybe you can.

A LiveJournal, I Has One

I know, right? But here's the subtext:

"Let's see if I can kill it."

Cheeky. Full of spunk. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it, but I like the fact that it has privacy settings for all the posts. If I so chose, I could make it so that they only appear to me, which is a fantastic place to store notes and things. Part of me feels a need to roleplay over there as something other than a ninja bunny (the kickass wolf icon might have helped that thought).

Anyway, I have a need to go raid the free bagels in the hall. Excuse me while I go gorge myself.

Quote of the day:

(Lucky Number Slevin)
Lindsey: I was thinking that if you're still alive when I get back from work tonight... maybe we could go out to dinner or something?


~Sass~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sass! Just coming over to say "HI", thanks for stopping my twisted blog, and hormones - boy, did I dodge that bullet. Us men folk don't have to worry about, we're just forgetful, can't hear but every third word from a lady's mouth, and couldn't ask for directions if someone was pointing a photon partical generator at our heads. Other then that, keep at the word stuff.