Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

It's that time of year again! Hamburgers, hotdogs, illegal fireworks, hot weather, and best of all... paid vacation. Oh yeah.

My husband had his appendix out on Tuesday and he's recovering nicely, but I highly doubt he's going to feel up for taking a walk/drive to someplace where we can see the pretty explosions in the sky. Best we can probably do is see if any fireworks are visible from the backyard, but even then, I don't know that he'd want to sit in a lawn chair for that long. Might aggravate his stitches. Oddly enough, I'm okay with this. I don't feel a horrible urge to see fireworks this year. Would much rather keep working on my novel (I can has finished??).

Or clean the house, which I was supposed to be doing yesterday and didn't. Oops. There's only so long I can procrastinate when my sister and two of my cousins are coming to stay from Tuesday to Sunday. I did get most of the dishes done, though! (Hush you... that counts.)

So I'm making pretty good progress with my revisions. I'm nearly to the halfway point in the novel and it's picking up speed (mostly because the really exciting stuff is happening and I'm more motivated to get it done). I really hope I can get the whole thing done sometime this month. I want to put the damned thing away and work on another project for a while. Got ideas floatin' around that need to be realized on paper! Or in a word processor. Whichever happens to be available.

Alright, time to get up off my butt and go do something. I leave you with this funtastic quote:


The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: Um... I think so, Brain, but what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?


~Sass~

No comments: