Wednesday, August 6, 2008

*headdesk*

The nation of fear digs it's cold fingers into the publishing world.

The Jewel of Medina

He said that after sending out advance copies of the novel, the company received "from credible and unrelated sources, cautionary advice not only that the publication of this book might be offensive to some in the Muslim community, but also that it could incite acts of violence by a small, radical segment."


What can I say? The decision made me shake my head, but the saddest part was the fact that I honestly wasn't surprised. Though at least the publicity will ensure record sales for whatever publishing house picks her up... and once it does, I'll have a new book on my shelf out of pure spite.

Quote of the Day:

(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
God: What are you doing now?
King Arthur: Averting our eyes, oh Lord.
God: Well, don't. It's just like those miserable psalms, always so depressing. Now knock it off!


~Sass~

No comments: