Saturday, August 2, 2008

Here we go again!

Teh Sass has given in and finally decided to go back to school. I'm applying to the adult's school in Regis, mostly because they're giving me 10% off of tuition, and also because they do the whole one class every 5-8 weeks and meet at night after work thing. Which I need, because I'd rather not give up my decent paycheck to go back to school.

Anyway, they now require that you submit a short essay with your application even if you're transferring English credits from somewhere else. They want to be able to judge your writing skills so they know where to place you. Probably a good idea since the last time I had to write an essay was early 2003. So I start on it the other day and...

Why is this so much harder than I remember?

I used to be that kid that could whip out an A+ paper the night before. Spoiled myself, I did, because now that I'm rusty at paper writing, I can't do that anymore. Add to that several years of online gaming, a short stint at this whole blog thing, and a couple of years writing first person narrative fiction, and BAM! teh skill has been lost.

Sigh. Oh well. More practice at revising then, eh?

But yeah. I'm going back to school to complete my Bachelors. I have no idea what I'm going to major in, but I hope I figure it out by the time I'm done with all my core classes.

Quote of the day:

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Buffy: Does the word "duh" mean anything to you?



~Sass~

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh noes! U can haz proper engrish?

Fail!

I would be in so much trouble. Good luck sassee!

Kim said...

Good luck! I did almost the same thing, and you'll probably find that teh old skillz come back wif a leetle refreshing! =)