Friday, September 5, 2008

Jeaniene Frost's new cover art

I haven't yet read One Foot in the Grave, but I plan to do so pretty soon. Anyway, I checked her blog today and -- lo and behold! -- she's managed to snag a picture of the cover as it's going to look in January '09 when it hits Germany's bookstores. Innit purdy?

(Yes, the title was changed upon translation.)



It also made me realize something about American book covers, and the models we use for them. I adore the cover model for the German version of her book because the cover model is so different from all the chicks I've seen gracing the covers of both romance and urban fantasy. Round cheeks, sensuous lips, that look of ornery innocence. It's refreshing after seeing so many strong-jawed, athletic, sex-kitten cover models (or just their midsection, as seems to be the recent trend).

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can order a copy for my husband. He loves all things German! :)

Quote of the day:

(Blazing Saddles)
Lili Von Shtupp: Is it true how zey say zat you people are... gifted?
[Lights go out, sound of zipper opening]
Lili Von Shtupp: Oh. It's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!

No comments: