Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wot?

It's September already? When did that happen?!?!?!

(...the question was rhetorical, please don't answer unless you have an equally ridiculous answer...)



So, yeah. My mom was out over the weekend and then I had some studying to do and a paper to write. I think it's halfway decent, but then, I'm the one that wrote it. I'll probably get to class today and the professor will be like wtf is this dribble? And of course now that school is about to start my file at work looks absolutely friggin' horrible. That's the way it goes though, eh? Can't have things be too easy!

On AbsoluteWrite the SFF peeps have started gearing up for NaNoWriMo. I'm excited for it, I need that oomph to get myself going again. It'll be tough to manage with school happening but I think I can do it. Last year I had no problems spewing out ~1500 words an hour, and in a couple of writing sessions I'd manage upwards of 3 or 4 thousand. I'd only need about 1700 words a day to keep up with the pace. And of course I have no idea what I'm writing about but that's half the fun, innit? ;)

Also of note is the fact that our backyard turned into a jungle of epic proportions. Long grass I can deal with. Go go lawnmower. What makes my eye start twitching is all the damned weeds. They're everywhere. Not only that, but we've gone around pulling, cutting, and spraying weeds three times this summer and they keep coming back with a vengeance. And you can't leave those suckers alone for a couple of weeks or the nice manicured flower beds and bushes become overrun with two foot tall annoying plants of doom. (Which, from germination to about a month later, will turn into four foot tall weeds. What the f***, seriously?)

Anyway, no time for a long post today. I actually have to work and in between work I need to have a cram session with all the material I'm supposed to know for tonight. Yes, I did read it, but I'm going to go back and answer some of the questions in the textbook to be sure I've learned my stuff. Like I've said before, five years out of the classroom kind of makes my study skills a little rusty!

Quote of the day:

(The Tick)
Tick: Like a great blue salmon of Justice, the mighty Tick courses upstream to the very spawning ground of evil.


~Sass~

No comments: