Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am Iron Man


I saw this movie last weekend and oh ... my ... God.

Best movie ever. Certainly the best super hero movie I've ever seen. That first claim is up for debate but I seriously challenge you to find me a better super hero movie.

Tony Stark is *the* best character. He's the ultimate anti-hero. He's full of himself. He doesn't care what others think of him. He blurts the first thing that pops into his head. He has his computer put racing red on his suit of armor to make it more conspicuous. And...

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

At the end of the movie he tells a room full of reporters: "The truth is... I am Iron Man."

Come on, that takes balls.

It's got action, it's got quirky and believable characters, it has great special effects, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Yeah, I am so buying this DVD the day it comes out. I might even go see it again in the theatre. Enthusiastic two thumbs up, and more if I had the extra digits!


~Sass~

No comments: