Friday, May 23, 2008

If You Can Read This, Turn Me Right Side Up!

So, I didn't win the dialogue contest. Oh well. There were a lot of good entries and to be honest I don't think I picked my best piece of dialogue. Congratz to the winners! I'll beat you next time...

It was my hubby's bday yesterday. His coworkers decorated his cube and ambushed him with silly string, and brought him some cake to make sure he could have his afternoon sugar rush. Then we went out to dinner with a few friends and fun was had by all. He's 29 and it's so cute because he's started feeling "old." I just roll my eyes. (Then again, I turn 25 this year, so I guess I can't say anything. I'll probably feel the same when I'm 29.)

This weekend he wants to take me on a little float trip with our friend up in Vail. Float trip, you say? Oh yes. The goal is to simply float down a river (read: stream) in a raft with a beer in hand and hope we don't get wet. Since it has been snowing consistantly into May this year you can only imagine how cold the mountain runoff is right now. More things which don't reassure me are that #1 we have to wear a dry suit "just in case" and #2 our friend said the water is mostly calm and there are only "a few small rapids." This is the same person that said our last hiking trail was "easy." The hiking trail with three avalanche zones and steep expanses of ice across the trail that we had to navigate around, which included a couple of bridges with snow higher than the railings. Do you see this, Jeremy? This is me glaring at the screen.

Anyway, I'll probably suck it up and just go with them. If you see some girl floating down a river with a beer held above her head you'll know we hit one of those "small rapids" and I was subsequently tossed overboard.



Alright, time to crack down on my revisions. Here's today's ponder:

"How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on."


~Sass~

No comments: